Saturday, April 20, 2013

Action Research ::: Conclusion/Reflections


While I feel that the implementation of PBIS has had a hand in impacting the overall campus climate, I feel the most significant change that occurred during the course of this research was the change in leadership.  A new principal and assistant principal were hired prior to the 2012-2013 school year.  This new leadership team came in with a new energy, vision, and focus.  The staff bought in to what they wanted to see happen and thus the huge change in campus climate from one year to the next. 

The most important finding for me is this reality, leadership matters!

In reflecting on this action research, I found that there are so many different factors that come into play when discussing campus climate that it would be tough to say, “Can implementing PBIS really have a positive impact on campus climate?”  The simple answer is, yes it can.  However, there are so many different things that factor in to campus climate.  I cannot say definitively that PBIS did or did not have a significant impact on the climate of CMS.  I can tell you that it has changed for the better.  I can tell you that PBIS was used.  However, I can also tell you that there have been many other factors that I feel have had a significant impact on the overall campus environment.  

No comments:

Post a Comment